Monday, March 23, 2009

Twilight Party

I really LOVE the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It is one of my all time favorite books. I don't know why, but I just really, really love it. So I couldn't help but like the Twilight Movie too. I know it is not even one-tenth as good as the book, but I still really enjoy it. I saw the movie four times in the theater, and I was still excited for it to come out on DVD. Saturday was the big day, and of course we had to have a party to celebrate the occasion, and watch the movie together. It was so fun to giggle with the girls, compare notes on our favorite scenes, and share our gripes too (I am still bugged by Kristen Stewart's lack of emotion throughout the film.) Colleen was so nice to host the party, and we all enjoyed her big, beautiful TV. I made my special vampire "blood filled" cupcakes. Here's Tamra, Colleen, and I. We saw the movie together in the theater for the first time too (with Lani). I love my Twilight friends!!!! We had 2 Taras and 3 Stacys at the party. Kinda crazy, huh? Only one Cherene though (imagine that!) Here are Tara M, Tera K, me, Tamara, and April. Colleen made some red punch that we sipped through straws from styrofoam cups (you have to read Breaking Dawn to appreciate that).

Here are Stacie H, Lani, Tera K, and Stacy R. Lani and Tera have cool Twilight shirts on. See, Chuck, I'm not obsessed because I don't own a Twilight shirt (yet). :)
I really do love my Twilight friends!!! You can bet we'll be doing this again for New Moon...then Eclipse.......

7 comments:

lani said...

Hey Anytime you need a twilight partner let me know!! we had so much fun! If you want a twilight shirt let know!!

Karen said...

I would SO be inviting myself if I still lived in AZ! Did I ever tell you that Stephenie Meyer's second cousin is in my ward. Kind of cool huh?

Crissie said...

What a fun party! I would have come except that I'm determined to finish the book before I watch it. I know I know, it's ridiculous that it takes me forever to read a book. Even if it's a good book, I struggle to make time to read. But I WILL finish it! I'm sad I missed the fun party. Cute pictures.

Tamara said...

I love your blog, Cherene. It was a fun party and great pictures - I noticed, though, that i need some sun --my skin is looking pale enough to pass for a cullen! Yikes!

Chrissy said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could be there!! Looks like fun!!

hcrjfrandall said...

Boo hoo...wish I could have been there! Can't wait for New Moon. Miss you!

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! You asked if I do party planning for people? I'd have to say that you are the master party planner!! :) Love your cupcakes! Those are awesome!