Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Carson!

Carson had a good birthday! He had to go to school and piano lessons, but then the rest of the day he got to dictate what he wanted to do. His favorite birthday gift was a football. Carson loves to be throwing a ball around. I keep having to remind him not to throw this football in the house! Carson requested Skor Cake for his birthday dessert. It is one of my favorite desserts too, so I was happy to oblige. When we got home from his Birthday outing, he was too full for cake, so we waited to cut the cake and sing to him until the day after his birthday.


I took Carson to Carrabba's for his Birthday dinner. We shared Pollo Rosa Maria, and then we got a free mini Creme Brulee (my favorite dessert). It was Carson's first time trying Creme Brulee, and he loved it. That's my boy!
My four great kids!
Cheyanna drew Carson several cute cards for his birthday. She is crazy about him, and they are such good friends. It is so cute how much she adores him. He has earned her love with lots of time spent playing with her, and making her lots of bagels, pb&J sandwiches, and strawberry milk.
Carson also wanted a pinata for his birthday, so I converted a regular pinata into the kind where you pull a string to make the candy fall out (too hot outside to do a pinata, and too dangerous to be swinging a bat around the inside of the house). I was afraid that the first sting anyone pulled would be the magic one, but they actually ended up leaving that one for last. So the last string let the candy fly. Since it was just our four kids there, there was a lot of candy for everyone (but funny enough, there were still plenty of complaints that others were hogging it all, or they weren't getting enough). I was too engrossed in all the action to take any pictures, but you can just imagine the scene in your head. :) I think Carson had a great day, and since his favorite things are mine too, I enjoyed the day as well. Happy 10th Carson!!!

No comments: