Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Summer Pix

Catching up with some pics from this summer.... Here's a picture of Chuck and the boys by Grandmommy's grave. On our way home from Megan's house, we stopped at BYU to get some chocolate covered cinnamon bears (and to reminisce--that's where Chuck and I met), and then we stopped in Richfield to visit Grandmommy's grave. We think the gravestone is really pretty. Afterwards, we stopped by Ideal Dairy to get some licorice ice cream and lemon custard ice cream. So good. Anyone know of anyplace else that offers licorice ice cream? We can't find it anywhere else. I think this was a Sunday afternoon when everyone was bored, and Chuck was playing with the kids. They all jumped on him, and made a huge family sandwich.
This is fun for the person on top, a little less fun for the next one down, and not very fun for the one on the bottom. I don't think Chuck will be up for the family sandwich in about 5 more years--the kids are growing too big, too fast.
This is my small success with gardening this year. We got a TON of carrots. All of them were kind of small (some grew a few inches more than this, and some are still growing), but the kids loved munching on the mini-carrots, and I was happy that SOMETHING grew and we had something to show for our gardening efforts.

Even our pickiest eater, Cheyanna, was really excited to eat the home-grown veggies.
I also canned chicken a couple of weeks ago. Chuck helped me one Saturday, and it went really well for our first effort! I feel like such a successful domestic engineer when I can accomplish canning and gardening (no matter how small our crop!)

2 comments:

Loree said...

I like random pix. what a fun summer you had. I have heard about chocolate covered cinnamon bears. They must be good :) cute carrots too. they look yummy!

Lindsey L said...

Wow, I loved seeing Grandmommy's/Granddad's gravestone. I don't remember it from the funeral. Maybe they hadn't put it on yet? It's beautiful, thanks for putting this pic of the blog.