Here they are getting on the bus. Their bus driver, Ms. Deb, is super nice, and has been driving my kids' bus since I was pregnant with Cheyanna. She looks like such a big kid riding the bus. She has watched her brothers get on and off the bus her whole life, and now it is her turn.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Earrings, the Bus, and Adjusting
Cheyanna has some big news: she got her ears pierced! Her friend, Savannah, got hers pierced this summer, and when Savannah called from UT to tell Cheyanna the news, the idea stuck. Cheyanna asked to get her ears pierced, and I said OK. We waited a couple of weeks to see if she would forget about it or if she was serious about wanting it, and she was serious about wanting her ears pierced.
So I took her to the mall, and she picked out these cute star earrings. There was only one lady working at Claire's at the time, so we had to have the ears done one at a time. I think it hurt a lot more than she thought it would. Cheyanna cried after getting the first one done, but didn't object to getting the other ear done. So now she has cute earrings, and can be even more of a girly girl than she already was.
Cade and Cheyanna ride the bus to school in the mornings, and they'll ride the bus home a couple of days a week. This was Cheyanna's first day riding the bus. I'm glad she has an older brother to help her and sit by her on the bus.
They are so cute together. Cheyanna had a hard time getting used to the full day of school. The first four days, she cried in the middle of the day, wanting to come home. Each day, she got over it, and was happy by the time I picked her up, but I felt bad that she was sad during the day. Tuesday when I picked her up, she said she didn't cry at all. Wednesday when I picked her up, her teacher said she had a great day, and seems to finally be getting used to school.

Here they are getting on the bus. Their bus driver, Ms. Deb, is super nice, and has been driving my kids' bus since I was pregnant with Cheyanna. She looks like such a big kid riding the bus. She has watched her brothers get on and off the bus her whole life, and now it is her turn.
I'm so glad Cheyanna is getting used to school and liking it. My school starts this Monday, so if my blog posts become a little fewer and farther between, you'll understand why. One of my professors e-mailed me his syllabus today, and after reading it, I am super excited to learn all about counseling, but I am also really scared at the workload and I really hope I can get all the cobwebs out of my brain so that I can understand and remember everything I need to know. The orientation for my program is tomorrow afternoon, so I'm going to go to campus early and try to figure out where all my classes are, and buy all my books. I'll have 15 credit hours (5 classes), so it'll be a full workload, but hopefully I can do it! Cheyanna was able to adjust to kindergarten, so I'll try to follow her example and try to adjust quickly to ASU (hopefully without crying every day--but we'll see).
Here they are getting on the bus. Their bus driver, Ms. Deb, is super nice, and has been driving my kids' bus since I was pregnant with Cheyanna. She looks like such a big kid riding the bus. She has watched her brothers get on and off the bus her whole life, and now it is her turn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cherene - My first day over there I wanted to run home and cry, so let me know if you need anything. Thank goodness most people are nice. What days will you be over there? I have class MWF 8:30-9:30 and TTH 10:30-2:45. I only have 4 classes this semester. I had 5 last semester. It was managable and Randy was out-of-town for most of it. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
Cherene - I am super proud of you for going back to school. I've been going for a few semesters now and LOVE IT!! It will take some getting used to, but with all your newfound free time, you'll be great. I only have 3 classes this semester, but being prego is my excuse. Yeah for us school girls!!
How brave of Cheyanna to get her ears pierced! Cassie still isn't brave enough to do it. :) I'm glad Cheyanna is starting to adjust to school. That's such a long day for a kindergartner! Good luck with school. You'll do great!!
The earrings are so cute! Cheyanna is so adorable! I am glad she is setting into her K routine, thats always such a big change. Good luck with going back to school!
Good luck with school and everything!! You'll do great, interesting stuff you'll be learning I'm sure!
Cherene - You will do great. It will be an adjustment, but I am sure you will be on schedule in no time at all. Good for you for going back. Good luck!
Post a Comment