Thursday, August 27, 2009

Carson is Ten

Here are Carson's ten-year-old pictures! I remember the day he was born so clearly. I went to the hospital at about 6am to get induced, and Carson was born at 10:29am. It was a very quick and easy delivery! And at 9lbs 6oz (a whole pound less than Charlie), he was a big baby, but he seemed perfect-sized to us. After Charlie was born, I had an ectopic pregnancy, and then it took several months for me to get pregnant with Carson, so I was sooooo happy to be pregnant, and when he was born, I was sooooo happy to have him. He was such a good baby (thank goodness--Charlie was so fussy). I just remember holding him, and looking at his little newborn face, and feeling so much love for him. When he was a baby, he had such soft skin and velvety hair. I would sit and hold him and just look at him and feel so happy to have him. I held him every chance I could, and loved every minute of it. Now he is ten years old--where have the years gone? He is much bigger now, and he's changed quite a bit, but my love for him, and the thankfulness I feel for him in my life hasn't changed one bit. At times, Carson has been my most challenging child, but I guess we all need a challenge sometimes!
I know I always brag about his smarts, but he really is a super bright kid. His favorite thing to do is head math--where I give him a bunch of numbers and different operations and he figures out the answer in his head. You gotta try it with him sometime to believe it. He's good!
Cheyanna is quick to say that Carson is her favorite brother. He is so cute with her, and patient with her. He plays with her, gives her piggy back rides, and is quick to do whatever she asks him to do. Carson's personality is a lot like mine. He has a clumsy streak that I have to take credit for, and he's got my shy, sensitive personality traits too. So I feel like I can connect with Carson and understand him so well. I GET him. And I can't find a way to articulate my feelings, but I kinda feel that he is an extension of myself--like a part of my heart living outside of my body. I don't know if that makes sense to any of you mothers out there, but that's the best way I can describe it.
I love Carson so much, and I am so thankful to be able to be his Mom. Happy Birthday Carson!!

No comments: