My mom and Cade
Cheyanna is pretty fearless. She loves riding roller coasters, jumping off of high places, and doing anything dare-devilish. Here she is loving being thrown up into the air.

Here are some pictures from a local pool we went to with some friends this summer. It is so nice to have so many great pools nearby that are really inexpensive, and have lots of fun features. This one was 50 cents per kid to get in, and it had two big slides, a lazy river, two diving boards, a whirly swirl, and a kid's jungle gym/slide. All the kids were happy, and because they had friends there, they didn't get into any fights either. Always a plus. Here's Carson with his goggles on.
Grace, Cara, and Cheyanna had fun playing together.
Grace and Cheyanna in front of the jungle gym. Cade bonked his head right above his eye on the play area, and had blood streaming down his face. About 10 lifeguards converged on him, and they had to take him into the first aid area to clean him up and examine the cut. Luckily it wasn't very deep, so he just had to ice it and stay out of the pool for a little while. Of course if there is ever drama, it involves Cade! Thank goodness my friends Sara and Shanie were there to keep Cheyanna happy and busy while I was dealing with Cade's drama.

Cheyanna loves slides. She must've gone down this slide 100 times. And she loved it every time.
It is hard to get a good picture underwater, because you can't see through the water to see what you are taking a picture of. So for all of these underwater shots, I was just guessing how close to get, and where to point and click. Some turned out OK. Here's Charlie underwater.


Grace, Cara, and Cheyanna had fun playing together.
Grace and Cheyanna in front of the jungle gym. Cade bonked his head right above his eye on the play area, and had blood streaming down his face. About 10 lifeguards converged on him, and they had to take him into the first aid area to clean him up and examine the cut. Luckily it wasn't very deep, so he just had to ice it and stay out of the pool for a little while. Of course if there is ever drama, it involves Cade! Thank goodness my friends Sara and Shanie were there to keep Cheyanna happy and busy while I was dealing with Cade's drama. 
Cheyanna loves slides. She must've gone down this slide 100 times. And she loved it every time.
It is hard to get a good picture underwater, because you can't see through the water to see what you are taking a picture of. So for all of these underwater shots, I was just guessing how close to get, and where to point and click. Some turned out OK. Here's Charlie underwater. 
Here are some pictures from the Wagner's pool the day before school started. Our friends, the Wagners, are so nice to let us swim in their pool anytime. And my kids LOVE their pool. The basketball hoop, slide, and rock ledge make it tons of fun. Both Cade and Cheyanna got to be really good swimmers by the end of the summer. They both were finally able to go down the slide by themselves, and jump off the rock ledge without any help. It is much more fun and relaxing for me to go swimming with the kids now that they can all swim well.
It looks like she's just sitting on the slide, but she came wooshing down, and I just happened to snap this one at the right time.

Cheyanna waving from under the waterfall.
Charlie loves to ham it up. He also loves to stir up trouble. I think almost every time we went swimming this summer, it ended with the older kids getting into a big fight. Reminds me of growing up. My sister and I went swimming all the time in our backyard pool, and I think we got into a fight every time. Ah, the good old days. I guess my kids fighting is payback. My mom is probably enjoying my struggle now trying to keep the peace. :)
Cade is always worried about getting water up his nose, so in just about every picture, he's holding his nose. This last time we went swimming, I worked with him practicing swimming underwater without holding his nose, and he was finally starting to get the hang of it. Now he won't have to swim one handed anymore.
It looks like she's just sitting on the slide, but she came wooshing down, and I just happened to snap this one at the right time.
Cheyanna waving from under the waterfall.
Charlie loves to ham it up. He also loves to stir up trouble. I think almost every time we went swimming this summer, it ended with the older kids getting into a big fight. Reminds me of growing up. My sister and I went swimming all the time in our backyard pool, and I think we got into a fight every time. Ah, the good old days. I guess my kids fighting is payback. My mom is probably enjoying my struggle now trying to keep the peace. :)
Cade is always worried about getting water up his nose, so in just about every picture, he's holding his nose. This last time we went swimming, I worked with him practicing swimming underwater without holding his nose, and he was finally starting to get the hang of it. Now he won't have to swim one handed anymore.

2 comments:
Wow! What a fun little water park! Where is that {the one with Grace and Cara}? I think I need to take my kiddos there! How fun to have a water camera!
fun fun! we went private with our blog. Send me your email address to nikessa@hotmail.com
Post a Comment