Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Rubber Band Ball
Carson has been waiting and waiting for me to post this picture of him with his HUGE rubber band ball. He spent a lot of time putting this baby together--and a whole lot of rubber bands went into this project. Did you know that you can buy a huge bag of rubber bands at the 99cent store? Yeah, they are much cheaper there than anywhere else (I knew you were wondering).
Carson is a kid that can really sit down and concentrate on a project. Charlie and Cade are both too active and impatient to spend much time sitting down doing anything, but Carson can sit and focus patiently for hours. That is how he taught himself to read. He used to sit and play with his little Leap Frog ABC toy for hours, learning his letters, their sounds, and then spelling out words. One day when he was 3 1/2, I realized he was sounding out words, so I got out the book "Hop on Pop" and he started reading it! At first I thought that toy was magical, but it didn't have the same results with Cade or Cheyanna, so then I realized it was Carson that was unique. He applies that same focus to piano and basketball too. He will go out and shoot hoops for hours. His focus is amazing. This rubber band ball was the subject of his focus for a while. Now he is focused on making Boondoggle key chains. Who knows what will be next? I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That must have taken a lot of time Carson. What a great kid you are!!
Wow, I wish one of my boys had Carson's focus. I remember him reading in preschool w/ Baileigh. That seems like SO long ago, doesn't it!
Post a Comment