Friday, April 17, 2009

Monsters vs Aliens

I don't usually take my camera with me to the movies, but since Granny was babysitting a "Flat Stanley" for the weekend, we wanted to document all of his activities. So you get to see a blog post about our movie experience! It was really nice of Chuck's mom to take us all to the movies to see Monsters vs Aliens . It was a cute movie, and the best part was that Cheyanna was totally blown away by the awesome 3-D effects. She had never seen a 3-D movie before, and she was sooooo excited about all those special effects. Another cool thing about the movie was that it mentioned my home town of Cocoa Beach a couple of times. :)
It was a really cold and windy Saturday. I thought this was a cute picture of Jennie, Cade, and Cheyanna walking into the theater. Notice Chuck is several paces ahead of the rest of the family. That is typical. I love the man, but he only has one walking speed--super fast! I always have to make an effort to keep up with his naturally long stride.
It was a huge treat for the kids to see a movie in a regular theater. We do take them to the dollar theater every once in a while, but Redbox rentals are a much cheaper way for the whole family to view a movie, so that's our typical movie experience. (We recently rented Bedtime Stories and that was a pretty cute movie too.)
Monsters vs. Aliens was a huge hit with the kids. They all loved it (especially Cheyanna). Thanks, Granny, for a really fun weekend!

4 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Thanks for the movie recomendation. I had no idea it was in 3-D. How cool is that?!

Crissie said...

Fun times! We're redbox fans too. We rented Bedtime stories a couple of weeks ago. That's funny about Chuck always being ahead. Stan's the same way! It drives me nuts.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I admit it. I walk fast. It goes back to my Dobson High School days when I walked to lunch with Joey. We walked to Barro's Pizza very fast so we would have more time to play video games. Old habits die hard. I should know...I have a few of them.
Chuck Jr.

Chrissy said...

Cherene,
What is it with this Flat Stanley? Geneva got one in the mail today from her cousin and she has to document his activities with her for the next week. She loves the idea and is excited to play along.