Charlie went on an
Oceanography Field Trip in March with his sixth grade class. They went to the San Diego bay, Sea World, and the Aquarium of the Pacific in L.A. They got to go deep sea fishing and dragged up a bunch of cool sea critters. They had fun viewing sea life, shows, and riding roller coasters at Sea World. After spending the night at a hotel in L.A., they went to the Aquarium where they saw all sorts of animals. They got to ride to and from CA in style in nice chartered
buses, and on the way home, they played "bus Idol" where the kids had to change the lyrics to any song they wanted into a song about their field trip. Charlie and his friend,
Alek, won the competition with a song titled "Dry and Soaked" to the tune of "Hot and Cold". His Science teacher videotaped it, and if I can get a hold of it, I'll post in on here. Here's Charlie's group: Mark, Sophie, Maria, Logan, and Charlie.

Here they are petting a sea urchin. Charlie's on the far end.

Here's an ice wall near the polar bears and penguins.
Shamu!

Here's Charlie holding a sting ray that has had it's stinger removed. This is one of the critters that they dragged up on the deep sea fishing expedition. They also saw a pod of dolphins swimming right next to the boat. It was hard to get a good picture of that, but that was Charlie's favorite part of the trip.

Here's a Beluga Whale from Sea World.

Here's the roller coaster, Atlantis. Charlie lost his hat on this ride, but luckily at the end of the ride, he discovered it had landed in his chaperone's lap (good thing he was sitting in the front)!

This is a tiger shark. Look at those teeth!

Here's a cute sea lion that Charlie saw at Sea World.
Awwwww!

This is a Leopard Shark at Sea World.

Here's a bat ray that Charlie saw at the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Here is the group that rode on Charlie's bus. He's in the back row, 4
th from the left.

Charlie came home from the Field Trip exhausted, but happy. They all had a really great time!
5 comments:
Did he go without Mom and Dad? I'll bet that was fun for him! Were you worried?
What a fun field trip! Sure looked like they had a blast!
Yeah, I passed on this trip. They left at 10pm (supposed to sleep on the bus) and arrived for their fishing trip at 5:30am. I'm such a baby about sleep that I knew I'd be a grumpy zombie the whole time if I went. :) I did worry a lot about him, but he called to check in a few times, which really eased my mind.
Wow! What a cool field trip! I don't know if I could have done that with my kids, LOL!
Madison went on that trip last year in 5th grade. She went without parents too. So many parents did not let their kids go, but boy was it the best trip she has ever taken. So she says!!!
Post a Comment