Friday, August 6, 2010

Edward is not my type.

OK, brace yourself for ANOTHER post about Twilight nonsense.  I know it's ridiculous, but I can't help it--Twilight has been my escape from reality this summer.  I've seen Eclipse four times now (but I've resolved to stay away from it now until it hits the dollar theater), I've read the book Eclipse again, and Breaking Dawn again.  And, the thing I've discovered is that Edward is not my type.  The first time I read the books, I remember talking to friends about how I wanted Bella to choose Jacob, and everyone I talked to thought I was crazy.  Everyone said Bella belongs with Edward.  After reading the books again, I realized that I just really like Jacob better than Edward.  I dated a couple of Edward-types (minus the perfect face and chiseled physique), and let's face it--Edward is boring.  Ever-devoted, totally predictable, gushing romance...blech.  Too perfect.  Jacob is funny, unpredictable, spontaneous, and fun.  His temper is refreshingly human(ish), and his devotion is real, but not smothering, stalker-like, and controlling.  The guys I dated that were all gushy, romantic, predictable, and fawning were not for me.  I prefer a guy who makes me laugh every day, and who keeps life fresh and unpredictable.   So I realized that I married a Jacob-type.  Yes, Chuck is my Jacob.  So Bella, you can keep your Edward.  And Renesmee, I wouldn't even swap you for Jacob.   Because Chuck is exactly my type.  And, lucky for me, he's mine!  So even when I step out of fictional la-la land, I can still have my own personal happily ever after.  :)

7 comments:

Smith Family said...

Ok, this post is so funny. My daughter and I were just having a conversation about Taylor Swift's song, "The Way I Loved You." You like the guy she misses (as does my daughter). I like predictable, romantic, stalker-ish. So funny!

Smith Family said...

Meant to add: the good thing is that we both got the guy we are most attracted to. Yay!

Sarah S. said...

Cute post Cherene. Glad you found your "Chuck". I have always been a Jacob fan for all the reasons you mentioned but would also take my Aaron any day.

Leah said...

Funny girl.....have you seen this? I love your twilight ramblings!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVy8Dr_SxWg

Anonymous said...

Cherene,
Thanks for the kind words. However, who is Renesmee? Just don't tell people about my 2-liter abs. :)
Chuck "Your Jacob"

Anonymous said...

So what did Chuck buy you to get you to write this blasphemy huh?? J/K! LOL!!! When I first started reading I thought, yep, that totally sounds like Cherene... You are through and through a "Jacob" girl. That's cool, cuz my 'Edward-in-my-head' is NOT for sharing. He is my romantic, doting, considerate, thoughtful, blah, blah, blah... image of a man that doesn't quite exist in the real world but Chris sure trys hard. Love that you've found you Jacob (and realize it) fur & all.

Taylor Tracks said...

Hah hah! I totally agree. Edward-types made me gag, too. Hence, Steve! Enjoy your back to school, we still have 2 more weeks.