Thursday, July 9, 2009

Karaoke? No Jokie!

OK, I know I just said on my last post how much fun it is to have all the kids home this summer. And I meant it. BUT..sometimes, after a day of togetherness, it is nice to have a night out with the girls. Really nice. As in sanity saving relief. I took my camera along on this G.N.O. to document the fun. Here is Rebecca showing her gratitude to Tera for planning our night out. Jill (whose totally cute prego belly I didn't get in any of these pics), Valerie, and Amy

I had never done Karaoke before, but it was really fun! Stacy, Lani, and I got there early to save front row seats.

Here's Lani and I doing Cyndi Lauper's "Time after Time." (Dina, I dedicate that song to you!) I don't think I could've plucked up the courage to sing on my own, but with my good friend, Lani, at my side, I knew I could do it.
My friend and neighbor, Tera (on the right), is awesome to organize all kinds of fun outings. I also get to work with both of these ultra-organized ladies in Cub Scouts. Rebecca is the best Wolf Den Leader, and Tera a HUGE help to me as Assistant Committee Chair.

I'm so thankful for good friends, and nights out!!

3 comments:

Loree said...

looks like tons of fun! sorry i missed it! maybe next time! :)

Karen said...

I looks like you girls had fun! Karaoke without alcohol would be scary! I think that's why it's normally found it bars...then people don't have as many inhibitions. Good job Cherene - you are much braver than I would be! =)

hcrjfrandall said...

I would have loved to listen to that!!! How Fun! I miss hangin' with you!