Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Happy Father's Day!
I am so thankful for Chuck. He really has made all my dreams come true. I have a husband who makes me feel like I am the most beautiful, talented, wonderful woman that ever lived, and four unbelievably great, smart, healthy children. I have everything I ever wanted. My kids are so blessed to have a dad that loves them so much, is there for them, plays with them, teaches them, and disciplines them. In Charlie's card to Chuck for Father's Day, Charlie said he is glad to have a dad that is strict and makes him follow the rules. I don't know if Charlie will still feel that way in a couple of years when he is a teenager, but I'm glad he appreciates it now. I'm kind of a pushover of a parent, so thank goodness Chuck can lay down the law and stick to it.
After getting lots of nice cards from the kids, Chuck told each of our kids, one by one, how thankful he is to be able to be their Dad, and listed qualities each one has that makes him happy and proud. I couldn't help but think that it is typical of Chuck to deflect praise and attention off of himself, and find a way to make his special day into a special day for everyone. I love you, Chuck, and I appreciate what a great Dad you are!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great guy!!
What a wonderful family you have!!! You made me a bit teary-eyed Cherene. =)
Post a Comment