Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Charlie survived Scout Camp

Charlie had a great time at his first Scout Camp. I forgot to take my camera with me to the sendoff, so I snapped this picture the minute he got home. He was exhausted, very tan, and craving a hot shower. Charlie earned six merit badges, and completed two rank advancements at camp, so he made good progress in scouting. He also got to try rowing, rifle shooting, and eating all kinds of foreign cuisine. It was a missionary themed camp (see all the flag pins on his shirt?), and Charlie said the testimony meeting was a really spiritual experience. I'm so thankful for all the great leaders we have in our ward and stake that sacrificed their vacation time, a week with their families, and the comforts of home in order to take these young men up to the mountains for a great week!

When Charlie got home he asked if there was more or less fighting while he was gone, and he was disappointed when I told him, "MUCH LESS!" Charlie is a great kid, and I missed him like crazy, but I must admit, it was much more peaceful around here that week. But I'll trade the peace for his company any day. Each person adds a neat dimension to the family, and makes us into who we are as a family. None of us would be the same without him. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Charlie. I am proud of you. Now you need to set your sights on being a Star in four months. Goals, goals, goals.
Love,
Dad