Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snow Fun

The weather here has been so warm and beautiful. It is hard to believe that in less than two hours, you can drive to a snow covered winter wonderland. On President's Day, we took the kids up to Cinch Hook (north of Payson) for a day of sledding and snow fun. The kids had such a blast! It was a great day. I thought the boys would be sledding for hours, but after a few runs, they just wanted to play in the snow. There were some huge hills, and when you hit a bump going super fast, it is bad news. I totally biffed it on my second run down, and I was sore and limping for two days! Carson was brave enough to go down the highest two hills, but after a while decided to join the others in a snowball fight and then just had fun playing in the snow. Cheyanna did the big hill with Dad once, and then decided to stick to the smaller hill. She loved the mini hill, and sled down this one over and over.

The snow had been on the ground a while, so it wasn't very soft and pliable. Charlie put a lot of effort into making this little snowman.
Cheyanna was loving it!


Chuck and Cade chillin' out...
Charlie wanted to be buried in the snow, so Chuck covered him up from head to toe.

Cade preferred the smaller hill too. I don't blame him!

Carson didn't want to leave until he had finished his little snowman. :)

We had such a fun time, we decided we'll have to do that more often. I'm glad we don't live in the snow and cold, but it is nice to be able to visit it when we want to. :)

2 comments:

Crissie said...

Isn't Arizona great!! I LOVE the picture of Cheyanna sledding down. That's a great one!

Loree said...

cute pics! my kids want to play in the snow. we haven't visited any this year yet. glad you had a great time together :)