Friday, February 13, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Our Pinewood Derby was a few weeks ago, and since then, I have read a couple of my friends' happy accounts of their Pinewood Derby experience. I feel a little guilty admitting that P.D. is not my favorite thing. And I think it's safe to say that Chuck agrees. Chuck is more of a let's-play-sports-together kind of Dad, and not really a let's-build-something-together kind of Dad. So this little woodworking project is not high on his list of fun things to do. And so far, he has had to build 5 Pinewood Derby cars (3 for Charlie, and this was Carson's 2nd race). 5 down, 4 to go. Being Committee Chair, Pinewood Derby to me, is trying to plan refreshments, awards, clinics, etc. Anyway, Chuck and Carson built a car, I bought enough refreshements, and the awards seemed to go over OK, so Pinewood Derby was a success. :) Carson was assigned unlucky #13, and I think that's why he didn't place in the top 5 (or 10) this year. Look at this design, though. A BYU car--don't ya just love it? (He's holding it upside down here.) Here Carson and fellow Cub Scouters are watching their cars zoom down the track.

Hunter, Carson, and Bryce look so GQ here, don't they?

My mom took this picture of me hard at work in my oh-so-attractive yellow shirt.

Carson is such a cutie pie! BTW, his car won the "Most Spirited Design" since it showed so much BYU school spirit. :)

4 comments:

Crissie said...

A definite success it was! Thanks for all your hard work.

Pepple said...

Looks like a lot of fun, even if its not your favorite thing. We really enjoyed ours, but it was a our first. Give it a few years and I am sure it will get old too. Chris isn't much a build together guy either, he wanted to buy a winning car of ebay!

Anonymous said...

Well I think you did a fabulous job with everything. The awards were so thoughtful and the refreshments yummy. All the boys seem to be having a wonderful time. Great job!!! You should be proud of yourself (and your yellow shirt!)

Jill said...

Oh Yeah, The joys of planning PD.... You did such a great job! I heard many great things!!!