Sunday, December 12, 2010

Zip Lining in Honduras

 When we were in Roatan, Honduras, we went zip-lining in the beautiful countryside.  The kids all loved it!  Cheyanna went with one of the guides each time.  There were about 12 lines of varying speeds and lengths. 
 Charlie zip-lined like a pro. 
 Here's Carson, loving it!
 Cade is the least adventurous of our four kids, and you can tell by the look on his face in the picture that he wasn't totally loving the experience, but overall he said he liked it and he had fun. 
 Here's my nephew, Parker.  He's 9.  Charlie and Carson shared a cabin on the cruise with Parker and Logan.  Carson and Parker hung out together a lot on the ship. 
 Here's my niece, Rebecca, who is 12. 
 Here's my 14-year-old niece, Madeline. 
 Here's my nephew, Logan (7) with a little help from one of our guides. 
 Here's my brother-in-law, Scott, with his son, Eric, who is 4. 
 Here's my sister, Dina. 
 This is me.  I am such a scardy-cat.  I don't enjoy heights, I hate roller coasters, I get scared easily, etc.  So I didn't enjoy this adventure very much.  When I finished the last one, I just started crying with relief that it was over (and I survived).  At the time I was mad at myself for trying it when I knew I would hate it (and mad at Chuck and Dina for encouraging me to go).  But looking back, I'm glad I went.  It was an incredible experience--when am I ever going to get to go zip-lining in Honduras again?  Plus I faced my fear and I'm a survivor.  (:
Here's Chuck zip-lining.  I feel bad that my anxiety and distress probably put a bit of a damper on his enjoyment of the experience.  Overall, what a neat experience!  The scenery was so green and beautiful.  It was great to hear about the country and the people that live there from our guide. 

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Sorry it was so scary for you. I think I would love it! And you're right - when will you ever go ziplining in Honduras again? Good job, Cheyanna!