Thursday, December 3, 2009
Thanksgiving
The past two Thanksgivings we have been out of town, so it was nice to be home this year and be able to spend Thanksgiving with Chuck's parents. I kind of wimped out on the cooking though, and we decided to go out to dinner for our Thanksgiving meal. It was a lot less effort, but not quite the same as having a home cooked meal. I did make a pumpkin cheesecake that turned out pretty good though. :)
The day after Thanksgiving I got up early and was out the door by 4:20am to get some good deals. There were lots of great deals to be had, and I got almost everything on my list. That night, Chuck's mom (Jennie) cooked us a turkey dinner, so we did end up getting our home cooked Thanksgiving meal (and I didn't have to make it)!
Saturday morning Chuck and I took Charlie to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. It was the first time we had done temple work for family names, and the first time being in the temple with Charlie, so it was a really neat experience.
It was a great Thanksgiving weekend, and we thought a lot about how much we have to be thankful for. We are so blessed in so many ways, and it is great to have a day to think about and appreciate all the good things the Lord has given us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment