Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Difference a Week Makes

Last Sunday, I was facing three tests, I felt really behind on Christmas prep, I was exhausted, stressed, and my house was a total disaster.  This Sunday, I am done with my first semester of grad school, Christmas shopping is all done, wrapping is almost done, the kids teachers all received their little gifts, treats got made for Chuck's co-workers, Cub Scout caroling went great, most of my house is clean, AND I got my grades back and I still have a 4.0 GPA!  Next semester, I am going to scale back a little bit on school and take 12 hours (4 classes instead of 5).  This way, I'll only be gone one night a week, which will be a lot less stressful on my family.  I won't finish until two years from now (Dec 2011), but hopefully the next two years will be productive busy instead of crisis mode stressful.  Anyway, thank goodness last week is over.  I laughed, I cried (and cried, and cried), but I survived!  Thank goodness one week can make all the difference in the world!

2 comments:

Crissie said...

4.0!! You're amazing Cherene! I hope the next semester is a little less stressful.

Smith Family said...

Congrats making it through your first semester! I'll be there with you on that night class. :)
Rachel