Sunday, December 27, 2009

Surprised!!!


Chuck, Tera, and Lani plotted together to throw me a surprise Birthday party earlier this week.  I was totally surprised, and so happy!  Three days before Christmas is not a convenient time to plan or attend a birthday party, so I was very appreciative of the effort that went into the party.  Lani was so nice to host the party at her house. 


Tera came up with an awesome game--Chereneardy!!  It's so fun--you all should try it.  It's a lot like Jeopardy, but instead of boring facts about miscellaneous stuff, it's all about ME!  We had two teams--wanna guess?  Yep, team Jacob and team Edward, and they took turns showing off all the fun facts that they knew about my life.  Chuck supplied Tera with some well-known and some little known facts about me, and the teams competed to see who knew me the best.


Team Jacob (Go team Jacob!! )



                                                And of course, Team Edward.

There was so much good food, and Lynae made me a beautiful cake.

 
 Lynae also took all these pictures (that's why she's not in any of them).  Since I was surprised, I didn't have my camera.  I didn't even have my purse, phone, or gum.  Chuck and I had just finished dinner (at Carrabba's of course), and Chuck told me I had to pick up a Cub Scout application from Ben, and when I walked up to their door, it swung open and everyone yelled "Surprise," and Chuck drove off to let me and the girls party.


They even gave me some really great gifts!


It was so fun to be surprised!  I felt so loved and so spoiled.  Sara took me out to lunch, Chuck took me out to dinner, and my good friends surrounded me for a fun party that night.  Tera and Lani are the best!!!  Chuck came up with the idea and got the ball rolling, but my girlfriends did all the work.  I really appreciate the effort that went into pulling off the party, and even all my friends who took time out of their busy Christmas preparations and celebrations to come and join the fun.  Thanks you guys!!!!

2 comments:

hcrjfrandall said...

Wish I could have been there! You are such a great friend and deserve the best, so glad you got such a wonderful surprise! I still remember the surprise shower you gave me! Happy Birthday!

Mrs.EBG said...

Looks like a fun time! Wish I could have made it! Glad you had a fun birthday, my friend!!