Sunday, December 27, 2009

About a Four


About a four...that's what I said when Chuck asked me how excited I was (on a scale of 1 to10) to go to his work Christmas party.  I don't think it's very fun to try to make small talk with a lot of people that I don't know.  If there wasn't a free meal involved, I probably would've said a one.  I think Chuck felt bad that I wasn't more excited to go, so he decided to make it a really fun night for me.  How, you ask?  By dancing with me.  I LOVE dancing, but it is not Chuck's favorite thing, so we rarely do it.  But at his work Christmas party, Chuck danced up a storm with me, and we both had a blast. 




Also, we won a bunch of great prizes.  Chuck guessed the closest number of Hershey's Kisses, so we won the Christmas tree filled with kisses, along with a Waterford crystal vase.  We also walked away with gift cards to Red Robin, Subway, and Fry's.  Dinner was delicious, drinks were free (I got a lot of Shirley Temples--sprite with Cherry syrup), we were lucky winners, the DJ played every song I requested, and we had soooo much fun dancing.  Chuck's co-worker, Toby even got out on the dance floor with his wife, Kara, and we had so much fun dancing the night away. 



The night far exceeded my low expectations, and ended up being a 10 instead of a 4.  :)

2 comments:

hcrjfrandall said...

How fun! Jer's work Christmas party is my one shot a year to get him to dance with me! So happy you had fun!

Smith Family said...

Love your suit, girl! It worked perfectly for the party. Hey, the Trejo's live in my ward! Small world, eh?