Friday, November 27, 2009

Cherene's New Moon Review

OK, I am going to be presumptuous, and assume that someone out there cares about my opinion of the movie New Moon. First let me say that I LOVE the book Twilight, but I didn't love the book New Moon. I loved the Bella and Edward love story until he left her, and broke her heart, and sweet Jacob was there to pick up the pieces. That's right, I am team Jacob all the way (and I have been ever since reading New Moon). SO, about the movie: I thought it was a great movie. It was entertaining and was really true to the book. But, since I have issues with the storyline, those issues are still there with the movie. I love Jacob, and I wish Edward would've stayed away, and let Bella live a normal, happy (non-vampire) life, raising kids, and growing old like a normal girl should.

But back to the movie. Here are my gripes: Taylor Lautner is so good looking that Edward doesn't look so appealing anymore. After seeing Jacob running around shirtless the whole movie (not complaining), when Edward strips of his shirt at the end, it didn't have quite the effect I think it was supposed to. Edward is supposed to be chiseled, marble-like, statuesque, etc. But Rob is scrawny, hairy, and pale compared to Taylor. So I think Edward gets out-shined in the movie, and it's not supposed to be that way.

Things I liked: I love the way the movie shows Bella's heartbreak when Edward leaves. I cried (and cried), but it wasn't overdone. I also loved how we got some insight as to what Bella was thinking and experiencing through her e-mails to Alice. The books are from Bella's perspective, so you are in her head the whole time, but in the Twilight movie, you didn't quite know what she was thinking or feeling. So that was great.

Overall, I loved New Moon, and can't wait to see it again. I think I will always wish that Bella picked Jacob instead of Edward, but I know I'm in the minority. If only Edward wouldn't have called (when he thought Bella was dead)....oh well. I loved watching the movie with my Twilight friends. Us girls are going to get together to watch New Moon again when it comes to the dollar theater, and then you know we're going to have a New Moon party when it comes out on DVD. So, ladies, mark your calendars, and we'll see you then!

2 comments:

Lindsey L said...

YES!! I am Team Jacob all the way as well, Cherene. I just recently changed my mind. I was Team Edward until I re-read New Moon and Eclipse. I wish Jacob and Bella would have ended up together.

I can't wait to see New Moon (it looks 1,000 times better than Twilight) but I'm waiting for the pandemonium to die down a little. :)

Sarah S. said...

So nice to know there are others on Team Jacob. We are the minority so we need to stick together. I was a little sad when I read the books and Bella finally became a vampire. I guess I was secretly hopeing that she wouldn't but it would some how end up o'kay.

Couldn't agree with you more on the review. Loved Jacob in it. Kristen Stewart is getting on my nerves a little.