Sunday, November 1, 2009
Aha!
Right about the time I started school, I started going to a chiropractor for pain in my hip and knee when I went running. He said my joints were "sticky" and recommended that I take a supplement for joint support/health: Glucosamine Chondrointin Sulfate. I took the supplement for a couple of months, but recently discontinued it when I realized that irregular heart beats are a side effect of the supplement, and I had been having tons of irregular heart beats since starting the supplement. Sure enough, my irregular heart beats lessened tremendously when I stopped the Glucosamine, but guess what else changed too? That weird smell that I had been emanating (see "stress stinks post below")! Turns out, it wasn't stress making me smell strange, it was the Glucosamine!!! I am relieved to find the source of my problem, and so happy to have my "normal" smell back. :) Lesson learned: every medication (even vitamins and supplements) have their side effects. It's better to eat healthy and get all the nutrients you need from good food than to take a bunch of supplements. Now I just need to start eating healthier...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very interesting!!
Post a Comment