Friday, October 3, 2008
Charlie's Field Trip
OK, I hate to sound mean, but Charlie's violin teacher is not a very nice lady. She is one of those people that you wonder about why they would choose a career working with children, you know? But I signed up to chaperone her field trip to attend a "mini opera" so that the kids could see what a real, live orchestra sounds like. Well, when we got there, his teacher was a little flustered and confused at the set up of the opera--where's the orchestra? Turns out, there was no orchestra at all--there was just one guy playing a keyboard! It was so hilarious. Charlie learned that he doesn't care much for opera, and I couldn't stop laughing at the keyboard guy (and the lack of an orchestra). It was fun to spend the day with Charlie, and I even ate a cafeteria lunch with him when we got back to the school. He is such a good kid. He waited patiently for me to finish eating even though I could tell he was itching to join his friends in their tether ball tournament. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment