Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carvin' It Up!

Monday was Pumpkin Carving night at our house (because we didn't have one other night free this whole week!). Dad carved Cheyanna's for her, but she got all the goop and seeds out pretty well on her own.

I helped Cade with his cat design, but he did a bit of the carving himself.

Carson chose a difficult design (against his Dad's advice), and after spending over an hour on it, abandoned this plan, and just starting making his own WICKED carving on the opposite side. After he carved the W and the I, he gave up, and I finished the rest for him. I love his design, because my sister and I saw the musical WICKED this summer in NY, and I LOVED it, and I listen to the soundtrack all the time. :) Charlie also chose a difficult design (again, Dad advised him against it), and after a long struggle, he gave up on it. He ended up carving one of his famous Isosceles Cheese Head designs on the other side of his pumpkin. :)



Here is Cheyanna with her pumpkin. She picked out the design, and was happy with Dad's handiwork.



Cheyanna loves scaring me with different Halloween masks. She sneaks up behind me with a mask on, and goes crazy with giggles when I shriek. :)


Here are the finished pumpkins!! From left, Carson's WICKED, Charlie's Isosceles Cheese Head, Cade's cat, and Cheyanna's smiling pumpkin.









2 comments:

Loree said...

love all the pumpkins! looks like every one had fun!

Anonymous said...

I wish my kids still wanted to do that. But they end up leaving and I do all the work. Looks like tons of fun! You all were so cute in your costumes last night. I was wondering who the little vampire was, I didn't recognize him under the make up!