
I just wanted to share with my friends and family how much I love the Book of Mormon. It has changed my life in so many ways--all for the better. I want to tell you some of the ways this book has made a difference in my life. First, let me just tell you about the Book of Mormon (since so many of my friends and family are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). It is a book of scripture about the people who lived in the Americas before and after Jesus Christ was born. It is a record of those people's lives, struggles, wars, and of Christ's visitation to them after his death. It was written by many different prophets over along period of time. And it is the best book ever.
When I was in High School, I read the Book of Mormon all the way through for the first time, and after reading it, I prayed that Heavenly Father would let me know if it was true. I already believed that it was true, because I knew that I always felt peaceful while reading it. But I wanted to know for sure, so I prayed, and I had an overwhelming feeling of happiness, calm, and just goodness. It's hard to describe. I love the Book of Mormon because I often find answers to my prayers in it. So many times, when I have prayed for help or strength, or understanding, I have felt prompted to open up the Book of Mormon. And once I open the book, my eye is drawn to a verse on the page, and that verse is the answer to my prayer. Also, when I am doing my daily reading, often a verse jumps out at me with new meaning, and understaning just fills my mind. So even though I have read through the book many times, each time I read it, I learn a lot from it. Also, I know that when I read the Book of Mormon every day, I am a better person. It may not make sense to you, but I know that when I read it, I am blessed with more patience, love, and even more self control. I am a happier, more patient, more loving wife and mother.
If any of you would like to read the Book of Mormon, but don't have one, e-mail me, and I will mail one to you. I know that if you read it with an open heart, an open mind, and a desire to grow closer to the Lord, He will help you to know it is true, you will be blessed, and receive answers to prayers. If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, ask me, or check out www.mormon.org . :)
When I was in High School, I read the Book of Mormon all the way through for the first time, and after reading it, I prayed that Heavenly Father would let me know if it was true. I already believed that it was true, because I knew that I always felt peaceful while reading it. But I wanted to know for sure, so I prayed, and I had an overwhelming feeling of happiness, calm, and just goodness. It's hard to describe. I love the Book of Mormon because I often find answers to my prayers in it. So many times, when I have prayed for help or strength, or understanding, I have felt prompted to open up the Book of Mormon. And once I open the book, my eye is drawn to a verse on the page, and that verse is the answer to my prayer. Also, when I am doing my daily reading, often a verse jumps out at me with new meaning, and understaning just fills my mind. So even though I have read through the book many times, each time I read it, I learn a lot from it. Also, I know that when I read the Book of Mormon every day, I am a better person. It may not make sense to you, but I know that when I read it, I am blessed with more patience, love, and even more self control. I am a happier, more patient, more loving wife and mother.
If any of you would like to read the Book of Mormon, but don't have one, e-mail me, and I will mail one to you. I know that if you read it with an open heart, an open mind, and a desire to grow closer to the Lord, He will help you to know it is true, you will be blessed, and receive answers to prayers. If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, ask me, or check out www.mormon.org . :)
3 comments:
Thanks for your testimony Cherene. I also am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the Bible. God is the source of all truth, and it's such a blessing to be able to turn to him for guidance and for answers to our prayers in regards to what is true. This world we live in is so confusing and chaotic. But it's so nice to know that we are not alone and that God is there to guide us along the right path.
Crissie
Cherene. I loved your sweet testimony about the Book of Mormon which I love too with all my heart. It has taught me so much and continues to teach and lead and guide me and my family.I don't know where I would be without it. It brings me joy and happiness too. Thanks for sharing :)
Cherene thanks for sharing your testimony of the Book of Mormon! I to had a similar experience and have been so blessed to have the gospel in my life. It is such a huge part of my life and my family's life. Can't imagine going through life with out the blessings that gospel brings into our lives!! Thanks for sharing! Love the haircut to by the way!!=)
Post a Comment