 |
| The kiddos waiting to come downstairs on Christmas morning |
 |
| The stocking were placed on the couch with care. |
 |
| Here's our tree, with just as many presents as usual. Maybe next year I'll succeed in cutting back! |
We had a great Christmas this year! I tried (as usual) to cut back on gifts and spending, and I don't know if I succeeded at all, but I do know that we were able to find ways to feel the Spirit and remember the reason for the season. Chuck's dad and his wife, Sandra, joined us for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Christmas Eve I made lasagne and we watched Mr. Kreuger's Christmas and Joy to the World. Cheyanna was very excited for Santa's visit! She made sure we set out cookies for Santa, and she wrote him a really cute letter.
Cheyanna got a guitar from Santa. She loves to write songs and sing. She idolizes Taylor Swift, so I think her plan is to learn to play the guitar so she can put her songs to music. Cheyanna is taking piano lessons, but I guess guitar sounds a lot more fun.
 |
| Cade got Skylanders from Santa |
After much debate and consideration, we decided to allow Santa to give Charlie a cell phone for Christmas. We live too close to the High School for him to be able to ride a bus, but too far to walk when it's 110 degrees (or really cold outside). So I pick him up from school every day, but his schedule varies, depending on basketball games and such, and my schedule varies at my internship (meetings run late, crises come up, etc). It was too stressful for me not to be able to get a hold of him when I was running late, or if I needed him to find a ride or walk home. So Charlie got a cell phone for Christmas, and he is happy to be able to text his friends. And I am happy to be able to get a hold of him when I need to. We laid out the ground rules (he gives us the phone every night at 9:30 and we can read through all of his texts), and so far, it is going well.
Here's Chuck with his new SKYLINE BASKETBALL shirt that he can wear to Charlie's games.
Somehow, I didn't get a picture of Carson with his gift from Santa. Carson got a keyboard, and he has had a blast playing on it, learning new songs, and putting all kids of different sounds together. Here is Carson opening his stocking. Carson did a lot of Christmas shopping with me this year, so he got to pick out a couple of his gifts, and he helped me to pick out a lot of his siblings' gifts.
 |
| Charlie opening his stocking |
Chuck's dad (Chuck Sr.) and his wife Sandra.
 |
| Cade with his toy helicopter |
 |
| This was Cheyanna's FAVORITE gift: a Webkinz frog she named Rylee. She had 5 frog sons, and was excited to finally have a frog daughter. :) |
|
1 comment:
Looks so fun! Isaac got that exact Skylander set from Santa, too!
Post a Comment