Thursday, June 10, 2010

Carson's Arrow of Light & My New Calling

Carson earned his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts.  Brother Wach is in the Order of the Arrow (and is also our home teacher), so he came to Pack Meeting to present Carson with his award.
Here's Carson pinning his arrow of light pin on me.
Carson is a great kid!  He has had some really good Cub Scout Leaders, and we really appreciate them and all the time they put into making such a quality program. Oh, and notice that I'm at Pack Meeting, and not in my lovely yellow shirt?  That's right--I got released from Cub Committee Chair!  It was a fun calling, but after 3 years, it was time to move on.  :)  My new calling?  Visiting Teaching Coordinator.  I love it!  I get to meet with our Relief Society President, Shanie, each month to make changes (as sisters move in & out, or have schedule changes).  I also gather the stats from all the supervisors each month, and input them into the computer at church.  I already have such a new appreciation for Visiting Teaching.  It is a wonderful and inspired program, and I love being a part of it!

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Yay for Carson! Oh, and your new calling is one of my favorites! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you in cub scouts missy! Thanks for all your years of hard work and sacrifice. You left some pretty big shoes to fill.