Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Fuzzy and Snaggle-Toothed
Another post about Cade? Yep. His life has been pretty eventful lately. I always feel just a little sad when the kids lose their cute little baby teeth, and their huge permanent teeth come in because then they look so much older and just aren't quite as cute. But Cade doesn't have a normal tooth growing in. He has a weird looking "extra tooth" coming in. The dentist thinks he will have a normal permanent front tooth come in within the next 6 months, and at that point, he'll decide if it is safe to pull the extra tooth (he said they might be connected somehow, so we have to wait and see what happens). So for now, the poor little guy has a strange looking tooth coming in just behind where his normal front tooth should be. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I feel bad that for now, his smile is so strange looking.
So then on Saturday, I gave all the boys (and Chuck) a haircut. Cade has been begging me to let him have "fuzzy hair," meaning buzzed all over. I really dislike that haircut, but he REALLY wanted it, so I went ahead and shaved his head (leaving 1/2 of fuzz). It doesn't look that bad in the picture, but I really don't like it. There is no hair to spike or comb. Cade loves it, so I should just be happy that he's happy, but I feel like it just adds insult to injury (crazy tooth then bad haircut). :) Oh well, he's only six. Someday he'll be a teenager, wanting a really bad (or long or outrageous) haircut, and then I'll be wishing for this day back when he just wanted fuzzy hair. With that perspective, I'll take today's issues and be happy with them!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love when they start losing their teeth. They look so cute!!
Good for you on going back to school. I am getting my Bachelor degree(finally) in Speech Pathology. I am in my junior year, but it has been a few years since I have gone. ASU has just been hard to deal with since most of my transfer classes are from out of state.
Snaggle tooth, buzz cut and all, Cade is still so darn cute. Eli's mouth is a disaster-I'll have to post a picutre. It's a good thing Brent knows a thing or two about teeth:)
Girl! We need to talk! My oldest Benji is went/going thru the same thing!
I hope you had a woonnddderrffuull time on your cruise and call me when you get all settled in a home.
Post a Comment