Life with kids is full of milestones. They have important moments and achievements all the time. Here are a few things that have happened the past week:
1. Cheyanna learned to empty the dishwasher, and she has finally started to participate in the daily chores. (Her name has been on the chore chart for a year, but Chuck and I have been doing her chores for her every week until this week.) Yay!!!
2. Cade has conquered his dinosaur dream!! For years, Cade has a a nightmare that a dinosaur is chasing him and eating him. (Charlie's obsession with Jurassic Park probably hasn't helped). Last week, Cade realized that he can control what happens in his nightmare. He had the dinosaur dream, but when it was coming after him, Cade fought back and was able to defeat the dinosaur! It was a huge milestone for him because he is always afraid to go to sleep because of the dinosaur dream. Now he feels empowered, and is not afraid to go to sleep. (He did have a nightmare about some Scooby Doo monsters the other night, but it wasn't nearly as bad as that horrible dinosaur.)
3. Charlie was frustrated with a boy at school (one of those kids that has no friends and bugs everyone), so he decided to pray for the boy, and prayed that the boy could have friends, and that Charlie could become his friend. Sure enough, Charlie has been able to befriend this boy, and his life at school has been much happier now. Instead of having this boy tormenting him, he has a new friend, and the boy's behavior in general is much better now that he feels accepted. I was so proud of Charlie!! I have tried really hard to get him to understand that even though it is really hard to follow the Savior's teachings ("Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them that despitefully use you" Luke 6:27-28), if we follow Jesus and do what he taught us to, we'll be happy. It is easy to get angry, hold a grudge and not forgive. But we can't be happy if our heart is filled with hate and anger. I'm so glad that this concept has clicked for Charlie, and he has seen how keeping the Commandments blesses our lives.
I love having kids. I love how their growth helps me to grow. Their triumphs are my triumphs, and I share their sorrows too. I am so blessed to be a mother to my four precious children. :)
3 comments:
This is such a cute post. Your kids are so adorable. I love to hear Cade's comments in primary. He is such a smarty pants. You are a great mom!
What great milestones! I'm proud of Charlie! He's such a great kid!
I love when things click for kids-makes all of the hard work worth it! Charlie is awesome-you and Chuck have done such a good job with those cute kids of yours. You've always been a great example to me in that area (among others:))
Post a Comment