Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Catching Up!!

I haven't posted anything in so long!  Life got really busy, and I just knew that after graduation, I'd have more free time to post.  Plus I got a new camera and  new computer, so trying to match up all the new technology was going to take some time.  I thought I'd get caught up over the summer, but summer always seems to be way busier than I think it's going to be.  After being SO busy for SO long, I really wanted to just have some free time to spend with the kids.  I did whatever they wanted to do, and tried to devote my summer to re-connecting with them, and spending lots of one-on-one time with each of them.  It was so great (at first), but then the summer heat gets to be such a drag!  Our above-ground backyard pool filter died, and the last few weeks of summer we had a little too much togetherness!  Teenage boys need to be active and keep moving, or they get restless and feel they need to stir up trouble.  :)  By the end of summer, I was counting down the days til school started, and felt like my sanity was slipping a little!  So now the kiddos are in school and I'm not!!!  I got my master's degree...now what?  Everyone keeps asking me if I'm working, but I'm not even looking for a job yet.  I have so may cleaning/organizing projects I need to do around the house.  Our house was sadly neglected while I was in school--so much clutter managed to accumulate in every closet, on every flat surface, in the pantry...everywhere.  So I am de-cluttering, organizing, and cleaning.  And I am planning on getting caught up on the blog too.  I'm looking back at the pictures from this spring, and I barely remember any of it.  It all seems like such a blur because I was so stinkin busy!  I know we went to Disneyland, and I have lots of pictures to prove it, but I can't remember when it was, or anything about the day or that weekend.  Weird how memory gets fuzzy when you get super busy.  All I know is that I don't want to be that busy every again.  So I'm not in any rush to find a job and start working.  I'm pretty sure the Lord will guide me and open up a path for me to follow.  So I'm just trying to stay in tune with the Spirit, and trying to get organized and caught up!

No comments: