Before Christmas break, I got to chaperone Cheyanna's class field trip to the Phoenix Zoo! I kind of hate chaperoning because I have to ride the bus, and I get motion sickness on the bus. But the chance to spend a school day with one of the kids in a different environment is always fun. There were so many parent volunteers for this trip that we had a nice, small group: Cheyanna and her friend, Cassidy.
The girls loved this cactus slide!
These two girls were so cute and fun to hang out with. My boys have always been in groups with a lot of boys, and those trips were a lot more active and stressful trying to keep track of everyone and keep all the boys under control. These girls were laid back, sweet, and easy going.
The petting zoo is always fun. Out of all the animal exhibits, Cheyanna's favorite part was the flamingo exhibit.
I love being able to go on field trips with the kids. Being in school is busy for me sometimes, but I love that I'm still able to spend time with my kids, and do fun stuff with them, and be there for them when they need me, or want me. For a few years, it seemed like there were endless field trips that my kids wanted me to go on, but now the older kids don't really have field trips any more, and it makes me appreciate that these days are numbered. I have to enjoy each day that Cheyanna is in first grade, and each field trip I get to go on, because I know in a blink, it'll be over, and there won't be any more field trips to chaperone. I'm suddenly reminded of the Billy Joel song, "These are the Times to Remember" (:
1 comment:
It's a real treat for me to get to go on field trips these days - I'm glad you got to go! And how fun that you just had two kiddos.
Post a Comment