Friday, October 1, 2010

Resources

ASU has a really neat website that is a great resource for lots of different needs.  It's called the virtual counseling center.  Here is the link:
http://vcc.asu.edu/all_tools.shtml
What does it offer?  The main thing I love is the relaxation training.  If you want to learn how to relax, go through the relaxation exercises--they are so great.  There's also stuff about mindfulness, career exploration, conflict management, weight control, a personality test, self-esteem info, and lifestyle calculators.

The other resource I wanted to give you is the phone # for the counseling training center at ASU for all you local AZ folks.  480-965-5067.  If you are in need of counseling (or just want to give it a try), it is super cheap at the CTC.  For non-students, it is $80 for a whole semester of once a week sessions, and there are no insurance issues because they don't take insurance (most counselors charge about $100 per session, so it is a really great deal).  The counselors are graduate students like me, who are working under close supervision of experienced faculty members.  Some of the issues people come to us for are: depression, anxiety, personal problems, marital difficulties, and relationship issues.  We see children, teens, adults, couples, families--you name it.  If you're reading my blog, I know you too well to be able to be your counselor, but there are lots of counselors there, and I know we still have some empty time slots--especially Mondays and Wednesdays.  You can jump in now for the rest of this semester, or even wait until January when the new semester starts (or both).  :)  Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone out there has been thinking about trying counseling, but doesn't know where to start.

No comments: