OK, why am I stressed? Can I vent? WHY oh WHY would any program director tell new grad students to take 5 classes their first semester, and give them the 2 hardest classes in the program that first semester? My workload is unbelievable. I had a four hour Ethics exam last night. I studied 6-8 hours for that test, and there were still two questions on the exam that I was totally unfamiliar with. Coming up in Ethics: a 16 page research paper and another 4 hour exam (AAAHHHHHHH!) Right now I should be reading a 400 page book that I'll be tested on in 13 days for Theories (haven't started it yet). The first test (on a different 400 page book) was stressful, but I didn't have several other assignments and tests lurking like I do this time. In Community Counseling, we have a huge group project we're starting on tomorrow (already wrote 2 papers for that class), and in Data Analysis, I survived the first exam last week (it was all hands-on using the statistical software we're learning), just finished my weekly quiz, and now need to start studying for the next exam, which will be all hand calculated stuff, using variability, and correlation.
ANYWAY, thanks for letting me vent. I just have to try to make sure to NOT cut out the things in my life that reduce stress (hitting the gym, going to the temple, playing with the kids, date night with Chuck). And NO, I will NOT be taking 15 credit hours next semester. I will not be at school away from my family two nights a week either. So it should be a little less stressful in the future. In the meantime, I just have to survive the next couple of months, but it could get hairy (and smellier). :)
4 comments:
Cherene, you are an amazing woman. I know the Lord is mindful of all the hard work you are putting in and you guys will be blessed for it.
If you need anything, please, please, please don't hesitate to ask. Seriously, dinner, play dates for your kids so you can have a quiet house to study in... you name it!
Oh Cherene. I feel for you. I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how school's going. What a stressful time!! You will get through it though, and then the worst will be behind you! You're doing great!
You are amazing! I need a nap after just reading what you have to get done. And that's just for school! But I know you are incredible and there is no stopping you when you put your mind to something. And that smell is the smell of one heck of a woman who is doing ALOT more than most people could or would! You can do it!!
Hmm. I was thinking, maybe during stress you have a keener sense of smell. Okay, I'm weird and just really made that up - but I have been thinking of you & am here cheering you on. If you have time(like right between data analysis and those 400 pages)you could squeeze in an hour of therapeutic massage, that can really help your body deal with the stress. Good Luck!
Post a Comment