Here is a picture of me with the kiddos. Can you believe how tall Charlie is getting? He's 5'6" now!!! And he's not even 12 yet. He seriously is good competition now when we play one on one shooting hoops. I don't know if that is more of a compliment to his improving skills, or a sad statement on my lack of skills. I won't be able to beat him much longer. :) He'll have to find better competition soon, and I'll have to stick to playing the shorter kids (I know they're all growing, but I still have some good years left before they all tower over me.)Friday, January 16, 2009
Hiking the Superstitions
On New Year's Eve, my Mom and I took the kids hiking on the Superstition Mountains. It was a beautiful day, and because of all the rain we've gotten lately, it was nice to see so much green. Here's a picture of my Mom with the kids near the base of the mountain.
Cade and Cheyanna were troopers. Cade kept wanting to head home to play Wii, but he hung in there and kept up just fine. Cheyanna did great--especially once we told her we would stop at Golden Spoon on the way home.
Here is a picture of me with the kiddos. Can you believe how tall Charlie is getting? He's 5'6" now!!! And he's not even 12 yet. He seriously is good competition now when we play one on one shooting hoops. I don't know if that is more of a compliment to his improving skills, or a sad statement on my lack of skills. I won't be able to beat him much longer. :) He'll have to find better competition soon, and I'll have to stick to playing the shorter kids (I know they're all growing, but I still have some good years left before they all tower over me.)
Here is a picture of me with the kiddos. Can you believe how tall Charlie is getting? He's 5'6" now!!! And he's not even 12 yet. He seriously is good competition now when we play one on one shooting hoops. I don't know if that is more of a compliment to his improving skills, or a sad statement on my lack of skills. I won't be able to beat him much longer. :) He'll have to find better competition soon, and I'll have to stick to playing the shorter kids (I know they're all growing, but I still have some good years left before they all tower over me.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
don't you just love our AZ weather to go hiking in "winter" i love it too. glad you had a nice time together :)
What a fun family day! Looks like you guys had a great time. The weather is wonderful in AZ in the winter that is for sure!
That sounds like a great tradition! Chris loves to hike but doesn't get the oportunity. Last time we went, I could barely get up the first part. He went on by himself while I enjoyed the view. It's hard work climbing that mountain!
Hi! When we lived in Mesa as a kid my parents took us hiking in the Superstitions. However, they were from CO and wrongly assumed that hiking should be a summer activity. My sister and I still remember crying most of the hike! Ahhh memories! :+>
Post a Comment