Sunday, January 11, 2009

20 pounds

Here's my good news: From Jan 1, 2008 to Jan 1, 2009; I lost 20 pounds! I know on someone who is 5'8", 20 pounds isn't a huge difference, but I feel much better even if I don't look very different. All year, I have been going to the gym 4 days a week, but not necessarily to lose weight. I love exercising because it helps me feel better, sleep better, I have more energy, and I can handle stress better. But the main reason why I exercise is because my father died at age 33 in his sleep, and I do not want my kids to grow up without their mother. So, I hit the gym most mornings, and it is worth it. BTW, I discovered that for me, adding exercise to my routine didn't cause me to lose any weight. After working out for 4 months and not losing a pound, I realized I just needed to eat less, so I have been really been trying to do that. It is hard for me to do because I LOVE food, but again, it is worth it. Here's a picture of me in Nov 2007. And here's a picture of me today.

5 comments:

Crissie said...

Go Cherene! You do look great! What a great accomplishment!

Sarah S. said...

Cherene you look awesome and so beautiful. I have noticed for awhile. What a great accomplishment. I think that is so true about sleeping better, and having more energy and so forth as a result of exercise. When I get grouchy I can always tell I need to exercise.

Loree said...

you look fabulous girl! i am so proud of you! keep up the good work!

Leah said...

I can totally tell a difference! Good for you! Working out makes such a difference...what an inspiration!

Jessica said...

You look so good! I can totally tell a difference. How fun that you can compare like that and see how you have accomplished your goal. Way to go!