 |
| Waiting for the ceremony to begin |
May 2, 2012: Graduation Day at last!! I graduated from Arizona State University with my Master of Counseling degree. Yipee! My mom, sister, and brother-in-law flew out from Florida for the special occasion, and it was really nice to have them here to help me celebrate! What a bittersweet day. School was so, so, so very hard. It was a huge relief to be done. But it was also an amazing, life-changing experience that made me a better person in a hundred ways. I met the most amazing people, and made some life-long friends. My very limited perspective of the world was widened by a huge margin. I was able to help the most amazing clients make some positive changes in their lives. And each person who allowed me into their life, changed and bettered my life. In a lot of ways I was really sad for it to end. But mostly, so relieved that I survived, my family survived, and I am done with school!!!
 |
| My sweet family, who stood by my side and supported me these last 2 1/2 years |
 |
| Chuck supported me 100% even though this whole school thing was hard on him and the kiddos (and me). He quizzed me for exams. He listened to all my griping and complaining. He went to MC parties where he didn't know anyone. He encouraged me when I'm sure he didn't feel like it. He trusted me that this was the right thing for me. Man, I love this guy!!! What would I be without his love and support? |
 |
| Instead of going to the general ASU graduation ceremony, or even the graduate student graduation, I just went to the hooding ceremony for my Counseling program. Only about 33 of us were graduating, so it was an intimate ceremony. I asked Dr. Arciniega to "hood" me (above). |
 |
| They opened up the mike to any graduates who wanted to say a few words. I hate speaking in front of crowds, but I got up to express appreciation to my sister and her husband for financially supporting me through school, and to my mom and Chuck for emotionally supporting and loving me through it. :) |
 |
| Me and my sister, Dina |
 |
| My mom, me and kiddos. Charlie 15, Carson 12, Cade 10, Cheyanna almost 8 |
 |
| Me and my friend, Katrina. We were in the same practicum together, and then worked together at the same internship site. |
 |
| When we got home, I opened my cards and gifts. Chuck gave me a new computer (our old one was dying). |
 |
| My mom gave me a very generous amount of $ to put towards a down payment on a new car. |
 |
| Scott and Dina also gave me some money for a new Honda Pilot. Their generosity totally made me cry. |
 |
| Scott, Chuck, me and Dina |
 |
| Me and my mom |
 |
| Here's almost the whole graduating gang. I'm in the back row in the very center. |
 |
Dina, Mom, Cherene
|
 |
| WaHoooo! We're done!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment