Friday, September 26, 2008

All About Carson



I finally got Carson's pictures taken for his 9th Birthday! I've had a couple of people comment to me lately that Carson looks a lot like his dad. As a newborn, he looked exactly like Chuck--but we didn't realize it at the time because we didn't have any pictures of Chuck as a newborn. Carson looked so different from Charlie that I remember wondering if there was a mix up at the hospital. :) A couple of years later we saw some home movies of newborn Chuck, and I was so happy that we found them and realized that baby Carson was a mini-Chuck.
He may have his dad's looks, but Carson's personality is a lot like mine, so I really get him. I feel a special bond with him because even when his behavior is really frustrating, I understand where he's coming from. I love hanging out with Carson. We play Clue a lot--that is his favorite game. He is a great shopping buddy, and I love to take him shopping with me. I've been reading the Harry Potter books with Charlie and Carson (we are on #4 right now), and that has been a fun way to spend time together. Carson is a good reader, but would rather be doing hands-on activities than sitting and reading. He's really crafty, and can draw really well. He enjoys playing the piano, and is starting to be able to play all kinds of songs from the hymnbook, or by ear. Carson is in 4th Grade at school, and he is a Bear in Cub Scouts. I wish I could say in words how much I love him, and how much he means to me, but words don't seem to be adequate. I just feel soooooo blessed to have him in my life, and be able to be his mom. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cherene,

Very cute pics of Carson! He is such a sweet boy. Lauren is enjoying sitting next to him in class. I like your blog, I need to start one! Just to let you know my new email is jfrandsen@mac.com.
I still maintain the cox one but don't check it often.

Jennifer